I’ve had the great opportunity to write a variety of content for different online, print and multimedia publications. While some of these stories were assigned, many are the direct result of innovate pitches that look at topics from a fresh, new angle. My stories range from breaking news coverage about a Saskatchewan plane crash published in the Globe and Mail to an infographic on the employment prospects for green jobs published on TalentEgg.ca to a first-person feature story about being a mean girl published on Slate, Maclean’s On Campus, and the Ryersonian.
- “Novel Eczema Drug Giving Patients New Lease on Life” – Allergic Living
- “Treating Cancer: Who’s Caring For The Caregivers?” – Reader’s Digest Canada
- “Learning the language of diversity” – Ryersonian
BREAKING NEWS COVERAGE
- “LEAP Study Prompts New Peanut Introduction Guidelines for Physicians” – Allergic Living
- “It’s beyond just any broadcast” – J-Source.ca
- “Transportation Safety Board on scene, seeking witnesses in Saskatchewan plane crash” – Globe and Mail
- “Infographic: Going Green, The Forecast For Environmental Jobs In Canada” – TalentEgg.ca
- “Infographic: A Promising Future In Engineering” – TalentEgg.ca
- Multimedia coverage
- “Recap: 2015 Sring Allergies Twitter Party” – Allergic Living
- “A Masalamommas Tweetup With ‘India’s Jane Fonda’, Sarina Jain” – Masalamommas
- “Obama vs. Romney: Round two” – Ryersonian
- “Look for the Helpers” – CBC’s Generation Why (page 8)
PRINT The following clippings only appeared in print and are not available online.
- “Metal Worker” – Reader’s Digest, Dec. 2014 issue
- “Where have all the artists gone?” – t.o.night magazine, originally published on OpenFile, Dec. 12, 2011
- “Bike (don’t drive) here!” – The Liberty Gleaner, Dec. 2011/Jan 2012 issue
- Multiple stories published in Metro News via TalentEgg.ca
- Multiple stories published in the Toronto Star, National Post, and Maclean’s magazine via Mediaplanet
OTHER CREDITS INCLUDE: Allergic Living, Mediaplanet custom content, Brown Girl Magazine, Incite Magazine, McMaster Students Union, The Silhouette, Frontline Magazine, and more.